Monday, March 21, 2011

The Baby Is Now A Lady

I fell in love the first time I've seen my daughter, the whole world collapsed the moment I saw a healthy, cute baby girl.


It was 3 years ago, 9 months after we got married, we were blessed with a 6.0 pound baby girl, and we named her Nikki Gabrielle. The name Gabrielle was a name we really picked for our daughter, a name which means to prevail, be mighty and to have strength. We have wanted a short name for her first name, so out of the blue, we picked out the name Nikki.


Nikki was such an adorable child. The first time I saw her in the hospital, she was sooo white. I didnt expect that she would turn out that way since both me and my hubby were tan in color. Maybe her color came from her lolo's and lola's who had spanish / chinese blood.


Nikki at 2 mos old


It was not an easy task having a baby. You have to wake up every 2 hours to feed her, but good for me, I always have my mother and father to help me out taking care of my dear Nikki, and a  good husband who was always there to look after our child. A lot of people helped me out bringing up my child, feeding her, bathing her and putting her to sleep. And I thank them for that.


At 29 days old, December 24, 2007,Nikki was baptized in St. Joseph's Parish in Mandaue. We had close friends and family that came over and we had our reception at home c/o Lumpia House Catering.


St. Joseph Parish

In our garden, c/o Lumpia House Catering

As months passed by, we can see Nikki's development. She have grown her hair, and teeth, and able to walk on her own. Guess what? she first learned how to walk than to crawl!!! She learned to say PAPA and MAMA, sing and dance.




Nikki at 6 mos old


Nikki at 7 mos old







Nikki at 8 mos old


We have celebrated several milestones with her, including her birthdays.


As a parent, we also enjoy preparing for our child's birthday.


For her first birthday, she had her barney inspired party. We had invited 2 clowns, a magician and a clown host to entertain the kids. Her cake was prepared by a very good friend of mine Grace. You can visit her site http://lavletscreation.multiply.com/The kids were having sooo much fun with the food and games.




For her 2nd birthday, she had a hawaiian inspired birthday held in Sandtrap. It was witnessed by close friends and relatives. We prepared for the kids snacks (spaghetti, chicken and juice) while Sandtrap catered for the adult food @ P200 per pax. Her delicious cake (Lilo and Stich) was from Angelica.


Sandtrap


Lilo and Stich cake from Angelica



Me, Nikki and Henry together with the clown hosts


For her third birthday, Nikki had a princess themed birthday. It was held in Family Park Pavilion. Rent for the place was around P2,000. Invitation layouts were from Sparkles. We had food carts from Hannah's (popcorn and ice cream) and we had the food catered from Red Carpet catering. We had her cake personalized by Gotcake, c/o Jia Rodriguez www.jiarodriguez.multiply.com 
Now, she appreciates her birthday more than the previous one, and she enjoyed it together with her friends from class. 


Invitation Layout from Sparkles for only P150.00


Cake by GotCake? c/o Jia Rodriguez

Nikki with Hannah's clown host

My MAMA, Nikki and Me

I am looking forward for more milestones with Nikki, and I would surely treasure that every moment.


No comments:

Post a Comment